Business & Entrepreneurship: Fashion, Media & Creative Industries
Course Summary School: The Condé Nast College of Fashion & Design
Location: United Kingdom, London
This online short course is designed for anyone with an interest in exploring entrepreneurship and starting their own business in the fashion, media, and/or creative industries. Perfect for those wishing to investigate what is involved in developing new ideas, strategic planning, understanding the current marketplace and what it takes to identify and introduce a concept that engages with a select target audience.
The course provides second to none industry insights, key market trends, creative theory, business types and ethical practice, innovation and leadership traits. With an integral focus on how to establish a clear business idea and go to market plan, you will also learn; how to recognise opportunities and research the potential of a business concept, who the main competitors of that business might be, how to write an effective business proposition and deliver a pitch.
Every week there will be a range of activities for you to complete.
By the end of the course, those who complete and pass all the course tasks and assessments will receive a Condé Nast Certificate of Achievement.
- Upon successful completion of the course you will have gained:
- a broad introductory knowledge of business and concept development,
- how to research the potential of a new business idea,
- start a creative/fashion business,
- how to write a good business plan,
- how to recognise and target a chosen audience,
- pitching and selling a business idea.
This course will act as a good stepping stone on to other Condé Nast courses at higher levels.
Why choose this course?
The Conde Nast College has unrivalled access to the best and brightest minds in the industry, including the teams at Vogue, Wired, Glamour, GQ and a host of other Condé Nast titles. The College is in the elevated position of being able to combine academic excellence with unrivalled links to the fashion and media industry. This creates a unique educational environment for students to thrive in.
- The expert contributors will include:
- Teresa Havvas – Start-Up Consultant and Founder of The Advisory &
- Harriet Posner – Programme Director and Author of Marketing Fashion
- Ellisha-Jade White – Social Media Consultant, Influencer & Entrepreneur
- Jessica Megan – Influencer, Content Creator & Writer
- Klara Zepp – Project Manager, Yinka Ilori
- At a glance
- Duration: 8 weeks
- Location: Online
- Overall course fee: £795 (incl. VAT)
- Start date: 15 January 2024